To provide an organisation for ASEAN Accountants for the further advancement of the status of the profession in the region with the view to establishing an ASEAN philosophy on the accounting profession.
IFRS Adoption and Financial Reporting Quality: Regional and International Experiences for Local PIEs and SMEs
The ASEAN Federation of Accountants (AFA) together with the Lao Chamber of Professional Accountants and Auditors (LCPAA) will be hosting the 20th AFA Conference in Vientiane on December 8, 2017.
The objective of the Conference is to contribute to the development of the accountancy profession particularly in the Lao PDR, through regional experiences sharing and exposure to global standards and best practices.
The aim of this Conference is to allow stakeholders from recently adopting countries and those who are expected to adopt in the near future to share their view on their legal and institutional context and key requirements for an effective implementation of IFRS. Also, to enable well established Professional Accountancy Organisations (PAOs) to share their best practices on how to transition into IFRS implementation and how they can assist in maintaining and increasing the accounting quality after initial adoption of IFRS in order to enhance quality of financial reporting in the public interest.
Some of the honoured guest speakers expected to participate in this Conference come from PAOs of AFA, regional and international organisations, and local stakeholders including key decision makers. They are among others (to be confirmed):
1) H.E. Adsaphangthong Siphandone | Vice Minister of Finance, Lao PDR;
2) Vathana Dalaloy | Deputy Governor, Bank of the Lao PDR;
3) Saysamone Chanthachack | Director General, Lao Securities Commission Office;
4) Sonexay Silaphet | President, AFA;
5) Dr Phirany Phissamay | Presidet, LCPAA;
6) Christopher Fabling | Senior Financial Management Specialist, The World Bank Group;
7) Takatsugu Ochi | Member, International Accounting Standards Board;
8) Representative of the Ministry of Finance of the Lao PDR – Department of State Owned Enterprises Management and Development, and Insurance;
9) Representative of the Lao National Chamber of Commerce and Industry;
10) Representative of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce – SME Promotion and Development Office;
11) CEOs and CFOs of major companies based in Lao PDR;
12) Representatives of regional and global PAOs.
The 20th AFA Conference will also be held in the spirit of the Federations 40th anniversary. Organised in 1977, AFA continues to establish itself as the recognised regional organisations of the accountancy profession in Southeast Asia. Together with the 17 AFA members organisations, national, regional and global stakeholders, AFA will continue to develop the accountancy profession in the region.
More than 200 accountants are expected to participate in the Conference. Mostly based in the Lao PDR, they range from regulators, practitioners, auditors, academicians, and other stakeholders with strong interest in the accountancy profession. The Conference will also be attended by representatives of regional PAOs who are member organisations of AFA, representing the ten ASEAN member states.
This event is supported by the Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CAANZ) and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) as the proud gold partners, and KPMG Lao PDR and the Japan Institute of Certified Public Accountants (JICPA) as the supporting silver partners. Supported by CAANZ, ACCA, JICPA, and KPMG Lao PDR, AFA together with LCPAA welcome all accountants in the region to participate, learn from the best, and build important network with fellow accountants and representatives of key stakeholders in the region.
For more information about the 20th AFA Conference please contact email@example.com